The association’s new vice chairman is Coogee Resources chief executive Peter Hood.
Speaking at APPEA’s council meeting following the annual general meeting in Perth yesterday, Beckett said he looked forward to supporting chief executive Belinda Robinson and the APPEA team in building on the significant contribution made over the past two years by outgoing chairman, Beach Petroleum managing director Reg Nelson.
“This has been a time of rapid change and volatility in the industry during which time, APPEA, under Reg’s direction has been very active in responding to the many challenges and opportunities facing the industry,” Beckett said.
“This a very energetic time for the industry and an exciting time for APPEA as we move to set our strategic direction in achieving our goals to grow Australia’s LNG industry, sustain oil production and increase the penetration of gas into the domestic energy market.
“This will be achieved against a backdrop of an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement in both safety and environment performances.”
The APPEA Council for 2006-2007 includes:
• Robin Antrobus, president external relations, ConocoPhillips;
• Bob Coppin, chief executive, Cue Energy Resources;
• Jim Durrant, executive director, Strike Oil;
• John Ellice-Flint, managing director, Santos;
• Chris Gunner, chief operating officer, Shell Development;
• Reg Nelson, managing director and CEO, Beach Petroleum;
• Mark Nolan, chairman, ExxonMobil Australia;
• Tim Wall, managing director, Apache Energy;
• Ray James, managing director, Icon Energy;
• Agu Kantsler, director new ventures, Woodside Energy;
• Grant King, managing director, Origin Energy;
• David Knox, managing director, BP Developments Australia; and
• Andrew Young, chief operating officer, Anzon Australia.
APPEA state chairs are: Colin Beckett, Western Australia; John Ellice-Flint, Tasmania;
Mark Nolan, Victoria; Ray James, Queensland; Grant King, New South Wales; Reg Nelson, South Australia; and Robin Antrobus, Northern Territory.