Stuart P&A's Subzero-1

STUART Petroleum will plug and abandon the Subzero-1 well in its three-well Cooper-Eromanga Basin exploration program after wireline data failed to show signs of economic hydrocarbons.
Stuart P&A's Subzero-1 Stuart P&A's Subzero-1 Stuart P&A's Subzero-1 Stuart P&A's Subzero-1 Stuart P&A's Subzero-1

The company said logs over the secondary Patchawarra Formation target found no viable hydrocarbons despite the well intersecting what appeared to be significant gas shows over a 300m gross interval earlier this month.

Subzero-1 was targeting probabilistic mean undiscovered oil reserves of 1.3 million barrels.

The company is now planning to drill the Brew-1 well once operations on Subzero-1 are complete.

Brew-1 is expected to be spudded around July 15.

Stuart owns a 65% interest in Subzero-1 and Avery Resources Australia has the remaining 35%.

Most read Region

loader

Most read Region