Two more QGC wells find gassy coal

QUEENSLAND Gas Company is completing a further two wells across the Juandah and Taroom coal measures.
Two more QGC wells find gassy coal Two more QGC wells find gassy coal Two more QGC wells find gassy coal Two more QGC wells find gassy coal Two more QGC wells find gassy coal

The company’s Kenya-1 well in PL 228, which it holds in partnership with Origin Energy and CSG, was drilled to a total depth of 743m and encountered 20.5m of gassy coal.

Kenya-1, the ninth well in the drilling program, will be completed across both coal measures for production testing.

QGC said the results from this well would add geological information for reserves certification of the region.

In PL 201, QGC is also completing the Berwyndale South-49 well for immediate production, after it intersected 23.9m of gas coal.

Drilled to a total depth of 689.6m, this is the second in an eight-well program designed to boost gas sales.

QGC has a 90% interest in PL 201, while Sentient Gas Australia holds the remaining 10%.

loader