Flax-6 spudded

INNAMINCKA Petroleum has started drilling the next well in its Flax appraisal program, despite heavy rainfall in the PEL 133 region of the Cooper Basin over the past few weeks.
Flax-6 spudded Flax-6 spudded Flax-6 spudded Flax-6 spudded Flax-6 spudded

The company warned on Thursday that it expected hold-ups, with rig mobilisation to the Flax-6 well-site from the previous Flax-5 well dependant on access and local weather.

However, Innamincka reported that drilling started on Flax-6 at 8.30 am (EST) yesterday morning.

Surface casing is to be set at a depth of 850m, while total depth is planned for 2800m.

Flax-6 is part of a five-well program aimed at appraising the Flax and Juniper fields and exploring for an oil accumulation north of the Yarrow field.

The first well of the program, Flax 5 has been cased as a future oil producer.

Innamincka is operator and holds a 75% stake in the Flax-Juniper oil discovery and PEL 103, while partner SCGAU holds the remaining 25%.