European Gas gets new French CSM permit

EUROPEAN Gas says it has been granted the Lorraine Sud permit in northeastern France covering 528 square kilometres and including rights to all hydrocarbons and coal seam methane.

The Perth-based company today said the permit is for five years and is renewable.

Lorraine Sud lies immediately to the south of the company’s Lorraine permit and covers the southern extension of the Lorraine Basin. It said the granting has increased its holding to 988sq.km.

European Gas said previous work in relation to coal exploration has confirmed the two principle anticlines Merlebach and Alsting continue into the Lorraine Sud permit.

These are the primary CSM targets. It said there is also considerable CSM potential outside these anticlinal structures elsewhere in the permit.

Lorraine Sud forms part of the Lorraine joint venture where European Gas is operator and holds a 75% interest. Heritage owns the remaining 25%.

loader