In addition to Santos, Woodside Petroleum, Chevron and BHP Billiton all shut down their respective operations last week in preparation for the storms.
The affected operations produce more than 190,000 barrels of oil per day, or about half of Australia’s total oil production.
An AAP news report quoted a Santos spokesperson as saying the floating production storage and offtake vessel had returned to the Mutineer-Exeter oil field and was expected to be reconnected yesterday afternoon. Production will resume in the next day or so.
The 55,000bpd field has been offline since last Tuesday.
“The vessel moved 90 nautical miles west out of the path of the cyclone,” spokeswoman Kathryn Mitchell told PetroleumNews.net last week.
While BHP’s iron ore operations in the Pilbara have returned to normal, a spokesperson told AAP the production vessel at its 106,000bopd Griffin oil project remained unconnected.
The cyclones also prompted Woodside to shut down its Legendre and Cossack-Pioneer operations and Chevron to evacuate about 100 staff and tie down equipment on Barrow Island and Thevenard Island.
A Woodside spokesperson told AAP that production was expected to restart in the next 24 hours.
Queensland-based company Energy Developments expected minor construction delays at its liquefied natural gas plant in Karratha, which received heavy rain and strong winds ahead of George.
Three cyclones have made affected the northwestern coast since the beginning of this year.