Innamincka delays Flax-Juniper program

COOPER Basin success story, Innamincka Petroleum has put back the start of its upcoming drilling program, which involves further appraisal of its Flax-Juniper oil field and drilling of a new exploration play.

Innamincka, which made headlines for discovering that its Flax and Juniper fields were connected and could therefore contain 1 billion barrels of oil, had originally planned to start drilling again in mid December.

But the company has since decided to start the campaign in early January, due to “safety and logistical considerations.”

Innamincka is planning to drill five wells in the first half of 2008 and has submitted applications to PIRSA for the first three wells – Flax-5, Flax-6 and Yarrow North-1.

Drilling of Flax-5 is due to begin on January 5 using the Ensign Rig 30.

As well as the four Flax appraisal wells in PEL 103/PRL 14, Innamincka is also pursuing another oil play with the Yarrow North-1 exploration well.

The company said its recently drilled Flax-3 and Flax-4 wells are currently on cleanup flow, each producing between 100 and 150 barrels of oil per day.

The Flax 2 well was found to have about 100m of frac sand buildup above the basal Patchawarra producing interval within the production tubing, which is subsequently limiting oil flow.

Remedial action for this well is planned for early 2008.

The Flax 1 well is shut-in awaiting connection to the field flowline system, expected during January.

Innamincka added that the supply of a field compressor for gas injection has been delayed until January, due to problems at the manufacturer’s end.

But the company does not expect this will affect its production forecast of 1000 bopd by mid 2008.

Innamincka is operator and holds a 75% stake in the drilling program, while Seoul City Gas has the remaining 25%.

loader