- Power range: 4 - 15 MW (up to 20 MW on demand)
- Input speed: 1,500 or 1,800 rpm
- Rated output speed: 5,000 - 15,000 rpm
- Speed range: 70 - 105 % for compressors
50 - 100% for pumps
- Soft motor start for grid protection
A VECO-Drive combines the outstanding reliability of variable speed planetary gears with the high efficiency of frequency controlled servo motors.
This creates for the oil & gas and power generation industry a new variable speed drive for compressors and pumps.
The new superimposing gear design increases efficiency up to 97 percent. With VECO-Drive energy costs are saved since losses are reduced by more than 30 percent.
The electric equipment is much smaller than in a traditional full scale variable frequency drive resulting in a smaller footprint in your plant.
System Comparison for a 12 MW Compressor Train
- Saving energy cost of 86,000 Euro per year, peak efficiency >97%, rated >96%.
- Saving 30% footprint and 50% space, VFDs are rated only 13 percent.
- Saving CAPEX, main motor is up to 20% de-rated.
- Saving maintenance cost, VFD equipment is sized down to only 13%.
- Protecting the grid during start-up by using the servo motors for soft starter.